Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 4 …

Beginning of a weekend is ALWAYS a hard time when it comes to making good nutritional choices … YIKES, I had to go to the grocery store today and they now have COOKIE DOUGH OREOS on the shelf … AND BUTTERFINGER P/B CUPS !!!  Oh those old feelings of emotional HAPPY EATING tried to creep in and I just decided that I would conquer this opponent and be VICTORIOUS !!!  There was a slight smile as I walked out of the grocery store with out THEM !!!

I did my cardio this morning and I still need to do my weights … Sometimes they just can't be done together when the schedule gets crazy … But I will get to them - I love how lifting weights makes me feel and I see the toning and strength coming !!!

Telling myself I am worth making good decisions this weekend and that I must keep my guard up … STAY ON TASK AND ON THE PROGRAM !!!

Just a few of my favorite Magazines … SELF, FITNESS, & WOMEN'S FITNESS … They are fun to read and keep me motivated … Something to turn to at night when I would rather munch on something … I have been avoiding any EATING OUT and I know that may be hard this weekend, but I am determined to make good choices !!!

I AM IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO DO THIS PROGRAM AND REACH MY FULL OPTIMAL HEALTH POTENTIAL … Thankful for the Jesus Calling devo that I read each day that points me to him and gives me the strength to take the next steps he puts in front of me … I know being in good health will help me to juggle all that is to come … I admit there are times when I come home from serving or a conference so whipped out that I am not a good mother or wife … I want to be able to handle better those situations and I know so much of my fatigue comes from my nutrition plan …

SO DAY 4, 5, 6 - GOAL IS TO CONQUER THE WEEKEND FOOD TRAPS !!! hee hee




3 comments:

  1. My hardest time is between about 3:30 and 5:00!! I always want peanut butter. Then I want chocolate because nothing goes with peanut butter better than chocolate.

    My goal is to do more strength training. I need to be able to do it here at home, too, with what I have - hand weights, resistance bands, etc. I have the equipment. I just need the motivation!

    I love Jesus Calling, too. Mainly, I know for a fact that I COULD NOT do this without Jesus. Period!

    Praying for you and your weekend!


    Dori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well sister … I made it successfully through my Friday (and we lost our bball game by 4 - which usually ensues a binge as we all discuss the game … lol) … but I did not succumb to it - YEAH !!! I love doing my weights at home (cause really it only takes like 15 - 20 minutes) so why go to a gym … I have 10 & 8 & 5 lbs weights … we can do this sister !!! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete